Many home owners assume summer time is a bad time to sell. Through many years of selling homes there is NO EVIDENCE that indicates summer would be a bad time to list and sell your home. Here are 5 Reasons why summer may actually be the best time to sell your home.
- Less Competition – Because the general feeling is that summer is a bad time to list a home for sale that means there are less people doing it, which statistically is true. That means you have fewer homes for sale competing with yours and buyers have fewer choices.
- Buyers Buy in the Summer – There has not been one month ever where no homes sold. No matter how hot or how cold it is there are always buyers purchasing homes.
- Short-term rentals are cheaper – When you sell your home it is likely that you’ll need to rent for a short period of time, say maybe 3-4 months. Well, the summer time is the best time to rent a vacation rental home in Arizona. Rates are low and availability is high.
- It’s better than waiting til the Holidays – If you wait to list in the fall you have only a short period of time before the holiday season hits, which is the least desirable time to buy and move. People generally don’t want their holiday season interrupted by the sale or buy of a home.
- Start of School is Prime – The start of a school season usually motivates people to buy a home and get moved in before school starts. It’s easier on everyone and makes for a smooth transition for kids and parents.
If you’re considering selling but have been thinking of waiting til after summer think again. These 5 Reasons are true year after year. Don’t be a follower and do what everyone else does. Change it up and we think you’ll find it to be a good decision.
TiceTeam is the HGTV style Realtors who assist sellers in updating their home affordably and marketing it properly so it sells quickly and for more money. CLICK HERE to see our proven track record and pictures of how we’ve transformed homes fast and affordably without additional fees to the seller.