Many home owners assume the Holidays are a bad time to sell. However, there is NO EVIDENCE that indicates the Holidays would be a bad time to list and sell your home. Here are 5 Reasons why the Holiday season may actually be the best time to sell a home.
1) Less Competition – Because the general feeling is that the holidays are a bad time to list a home for sale that means there are less people doing it, which statistically is true. That means you have fewer homes for sale competing with yours and buyers have fewer choices.
2) Buyers are buying every month – There has not been one month ever where no homes sold. No matter how hot or how cold it is there are always buyers purchasing homes. If you’re going to sell, sell before January.
3) Most homes are listed January – March – Most everyone waits to list their home til after the holidays. Most owners don’t want to bother going through selling a home during the holidays, however, the ones that do list their home have an advantage of having less homes for sale to compete with.
4) It’s a beautiful time to move – If your home sells quickly then you’ll have about a month to move and the weather during the winter months in Phoenix is so pleasant. Much better than selling a home in March and having to move in April when the temperatures heat up.
5) Plenty of Buying choices – Since you sold before everyone else, there will be more choices of available homes in the Spring months for you to . Statistically, there are approximately 30% more homes on the market in the 1st Quarter of the year than any other quarter.
If you’re considering selling but have been thinking of waiting til after summer think again. These 5 Reasons are true year after year. Don’t be a follower and do what everyone else does. Change it up and we think you’ll find it to be a good decision.