In order to have closing and move-in go smoothly there are some critical items that you can take care of now so that when the closing date approaches you are prepared. Below is an itemized list of tasks that you can put in to place now. When setting up the start of service for your new home it is usually best to have the start day of service be a day or two before the closing date so there is not an interruption of service from the Seller turning utilities off and you turning yours on. Also, sometimes the actually turn on might take a full 24 hour period from the date of service and that could mean being without utilities for a day which is annoying and can be avoided.
- Click here to see what electric company services the home you are buying.
- If APS click here to have utilities turned on in your name.
- If SRP click here to have utilities turned on in your name.
- City of Scottsdale
- Town of Paradise Valley
- City of Phoenix
- City of Peoria
- Town of Gilbert
- City of Chandler
- Anthem (private water company)
Cable / Satellite / Internet:
Change of Address:
- Homeowners insurance is required to be place on the day of closing. Contact your insurance agent for this policy.
What to Bring to Closing:
- Your Real Estate agent and your title company representative will contact you to schedule your appointment to sign the closing documents. The signing usually occurs a couple days before the contract closing date and then funding and recording will take place on the agreed to closing date on the Purchase Contract.
- Title will provide the final numbers (HUD Statement) and the amount of money you will need to wire, with wiring instructions or you can bring in a Cashiers Check to title.
- Driver’s License and a 2nd form of I.D. (Passport, Credit Card, Etc.)
How to Get the Keys to your home:
- After the loan has been funded and recording with the county has happened your agent will arrange to meet you at the home to access the home and give you keys, any garage door openers, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us and I’m sure we can help.
Desert Ridge Realty